Friday, March 7, 2008

Gee...It's Getting Hot In Here! : The Art of Thinking Part 3

I really love this subject. I'm not exactly sure why. Maybe it has to do with my infatuation of learning the truth behind things. Maybe it's because I believe the human race doesn't think anymore. Or maybe I'm trying to cover up the fact that I don't think and make VERY stupid choices in my life.

Whatever the reason may be, I am THE Psychedelic Thinker (as far as my myspace page is concerned).



As discussed in the last post of this series, I believe that entertainment is the ultimate way for the public to stop thinking. Have them feel accomplished and happy and without any knowledge. Furthermore, I believe that it's the government's fault.



By the way, i don't think EVERYTHING is the government's fault. Just certain things. Entertainment included.

Late last year, I was first introduced to a book called Fahrenheit 451. Yeah it was for school. It was also one of the ONLY books I read from beginning to end, let alone enjoyed! If you haven't read it, I won't spoil the plot for you. However, there are a few things I do have to make clear: the world that Ray Bradbury created in his novel is turning into reality.

Montag, the main character, was a fireman. But in the future, firemen don't put out fires...they MAKE them. Their reason? Book burning. All books were banned and the only electronic devices like our own TVs and iPods were allowed. Basically, people were stupid. No...really. They couldn't think for themselves and depended on their TVs to tell them what to believe.

Sound familiar?

No wonder this book was banned...

Photobucket

It seems as if Bradbury looked into the future and wrote what he saw. Here's another shocker: It was written in 1953...many many years before the crisis we are facing in today's society.

And I'm not saying I'm no better. I use sparknotes with the best of em! In fact, this year alone, I've procrastinated more than I did in my whole freshman and sophomore year. And, despite recent attempts to quit watching TV, I personally can't help but watch the silly antics of a certain yellow and porous fellow. Recently I've actually been watching only the History Channel and CNN, but I dislike this too because I know of the propaganda they like to spread and of their hidden agendas.

I really wish it weren't so. Why does the media have to be so...gay? Why can't everything be normal?

Then again...what exactly is normal?

But that's another story.

2 comments:

Fesomelia Straelemotus said...

interesting that bradbury predicted the ipod... EXACTLY. i cant wait for those 4 walled tvs and the movies with the part left out... thats some crazy shit. hows it goin bob? and you say 'nice and chill, mo fo.' THATS SOME DEEP SHIT YO.

Unknown said...

i cant wait for those to come to pass only to prove that i was right :p or actually that Bradbury was right